This Friday, June 29, Summer of ’67 releases to the world. While we’ve had influencers and reviewers prescreening the movie, and we made our festival premiere last weekend at the Mid Tenn Film Fest, this weekend kicks off our theatrical release, the first opportunity for mainstream audiences to catch our film. The excitement level is high, but we’ve also had lots of questions about the release, so I want to make sure everyone knows what to expect.
- We’re opening at the Regal Hollywood 27 theater in Nashville, which is at Hundred Oaks Mall. If you’ve ever driven through Nashville on I-65, it’s the theater right off the interstate with all the beautiful neon.
- Summer of ’67 will screen every day June 29-July 5 at 12:00, 2:20, 4:45, 7:10, and 9:35. If we do well, the theater will carry it over to another week. They make their decision as to whether or not it’s doing well by ticket sales on the weekend, so if you’re able, please come on the weekend so we can get another week, and more people can see the movie.
- Saturday, June 30 is the red carpet screening. Cast and crew from around the country will be dolling up in their finest and attending the 7:10 screening together. This show is open to the public, but will likely sell out. So, if you want to dress up and meet cast members, be sure to buy your tickets in advance.
- Advance tickets to any of the showings can be purchased from the Regal site or Fandango. They can also be purchased in person at the theater. Or tickets are available at the door.
- Fred and I, along with other cast members, will be at the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7:10 screenings. We’d love to meet you, so be sure to look for us and introduce yourself.
- If you want to know what others are saying about the movie, check out the news and reviews page and the endorsements page on the Summer of ’67 movie website. While there, you can also learn more about the cast and learn some behind the scenes stories.
- While we’re kicking off in Nashville, we’ve got plenty more screenings in the future. Some are already listed on the events page of our website. Others are still in the works but will be added soon. Many more will be added throughout the summer and fall.
- We would love to have a Summer of ’67 screening at your theater, event, or church. Just fill out the booking form on the website.
Well, much to do to get ready for the release! Hope to see you soon at the Summer of ’67 theatrical release!