I’m excited to announce a new casting opportunity for a tv pilot being produced by Asbury Universities film division. My friend Carol Anderson is handling casting. This looks like a great opportunity for a wide age range of actors.
Note: You might recognize the name of the director – Anson Williams. He played Potsie on Happy Days.
Here’s the production information:
Production title: Nazareth N.C.
Union / Non-Union: Non-Union
Production Type: Independent /
Project length: TV pilot 45 min
Project format: 1080 HD
Posted on: Monday, April 4th, 2016
Production location: Wilmore, KY
Production Company: Asbury University (AU Film Division – not a student film)
Director: Anson Williams
Producer: Jim Owens, Jim Shores
Casting Director: Carol Anderson
Audition Location: Online submissions
Shooting Location: Lexington KY/Wilmore Ky
KEY DATES Auditions: Deadline April 14th Call Backs: April 21-26 Shooting Starts: May 16, 2016 Shooting Ends: May 27, 2016
Synopsis: Nathan Taylor returns to the small mountain town of Nazareth, N.C. after losing a 2-‐million-‐a-‐year job at Merrill Lynch. Nathan accepts a Provost position at Nazareth College, only to find his smooth-‐talking brother got him the job, and Nathan has two weeks to procure $5 million to keep the college from going under. Complicating matters, the childhood home he’s moving his dubious family into is now a money pit and falling apart. So Nathan must settle his family, rebuild the house, rebuild relationships, and woo the local millionaire who does not suffer fools lightly. Set in the Blue Ridge mountains of NC -‐ think Northern Exposure meets Gilmore Girls. “
1. Nathan Taylor (early to mid 40s) – just arrived Provost at Nazareth College. Former asset manager for Merrill Lynch in Manhattan. (got fired for losing a major client over a blow up.) Good hearted, has ethics, good marriage, dad to 2 teens. Gets angry easily but trying to make the best out of having to return to his roots. Good comic timing.
2. Mike Taylor (early to mid 40s) – Nathan’s brother. A smooth-‐talking contractor, a gift for gab and a good heart underneath. Still a bit in love with Angela.
3. Lydia Taylor (early 40s) – Nathan’s wife. Latina, a little full figured. Patient, supportive, loves Nathan and family, sense of humor. Loves the idea of feeding her family from a garden.
4. Hannah Taylor (17) – an overachiever who’s grown up in Manhattan with a fair amount of privilege. Efficient, productive, needs to relax. Actor needs a sense of comic timing
5. Kurt Taylor (18) – Nathan’s failure-‐to-‐launch son who finds video screens like a heat-‐seeking missile. Secretly wants to work with his hands. Secondary Featured
6. Angela O’Donnell (early 40s) – Nathan and Mike’s sweetheart in high school – the one that got away. Practical, frank, runs the local coffee house, and still a bit in love with Nathan.
7. Camilla Calhoun Taylor (mid-‐30s) – Mike’s blond trophy wife who claims Charleston old money but leans towards tacky glitz.
8. Austin Stuart (17) – sexy redneck baseball player who is deeper than he first appears. Can catch a fly ball and quote Emerson. He’s a good foil for Hannah’s intensity.
9 Mae Hudson (50’s) Nathan’s inherited, benignly inept secretary who can’t be criticized or fired because she’s the wife of the college’s major donor.
10. Jack Stuart (70s) – a crusty millionaire and miser who does not suffer fools lightly, but could save the college from their immediate financial woes.
11. Sha Simmons: 40’s, an overeducated elegant African American woman who is Dean of the School of Business. She’s logical and becomes an ally to Nathan
12. Moon Gatlin (early 20s) – a will-‐o-‐the-‐wisp hippy student who is all about finding herself and being real. Can be a bit self-‐obsessed but then will ask a penetrating question that strikes at the heart of a situation.
13. Olivia Taylor -‐(mid 60’s-‐early 70s) Mother to Nathan and Mike. Formerly, the formidable town matriarch is now in beginning stages of alzheimers. In the pilot there is just a hint of this.
14 Emma Cline -‐ (early 40’s) former high school classmate of Nathan’s, never left Nazareth, good salt of the earth southern, cleans houses.
14 Preston Glade-‐ (50s-‐60s) Warm, benevolent college president who masks the secret of the college’s imminent financial demise, quietly desperate for a quick way out of this mess.
15 Wade Cleary -‐ (45-‐55) Special Envoy of the Board of Trustees to help advise the president. Later turns out to be setting up the school’s demise. Pleasant, southern businessman with an undercurrent of power and smooth manipulation.
16 Prescott Wood -‐(50s) NYC boss -‐ alpha male boss, likes you til you screw up. Then it’s all business.
17 Clay Thomas -‐ Billionaire (early 30’s ) -‐trust fund baby who needs tax help any way he can get it and will take his money elsewhere if this doesn’t work.
18. Elenor Winstrom -‐ (60s-‐70s) old woman at church who exudes strength, spiritual center and mountain wisdom.
19 Cali Pressler – student – (early 20s) Comes for her counseling appointment -‐ Needing help with a break up
20 Jordan Spezzler – Student (early 20s) Comes for his counseling appointment -‐ struggles with agression
21 Buzz Cline -‐ (early to mid 40’s ) handyman, husband to Emma Cline
For more information or to submit your headshot and resume, email Carol at email@example.com.